What are the top universities for education?

There are several dozen universities in the UK where you can get an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in education studies or where you can train to be a teacher. However, if you’re interested in getting the best teaching possible, you should choose one of the top universities for education in the UK. According to Guardian’s university guide for 2012, the top three institutions for education studies are the University of Cambridge, University of Huddersfield and University of Reading.

The University of Cambridge offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in education in subjects such as Educational Research, Educational Leadership and School Improvement, Perspectives on Inclusive and Special Education and more. PCGE programmes are also available for those who want to complete their teacher training. PCGE training is offered in subjects including English, Art, Classics, Mathematics, Modern Languages, History, Religious Studies and others. For more information about the programmes and entry requirements, visit educ.cam.ac.uk.

By choosing the School of Education and Professional Development at the University of Huddersfield (hud.ac.uk), you will get the chance to study for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in education, including early childhood studies, international education, education leadership and management and many more. The school also offers continuing professional development in a wide area of subjects.

The Institute of Education at the University of Reading offers BA programmes in subjects such as Children’s Development and Learning or Theatre Arts, Education and Deaf Studies. Postgraduate teacher education, including secondary and primary PGCE, is also available. For more information, visit the website of the school, reading.ac.uk.

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2020