If you want to work in security you'll need to take an SIA training course

Since 2001 legislation was drawn up by the United Kingdom's government at the time, it has been a legal requirement that everyone working within the security industry in the UK has the correct Security Industry Authority (SIA) License for their position. This was brought in in a bid to stop unqualified or unsuitable candidates from working within the highly sensitive security industry.

Before you will be considered for any kind of positions working in security, you're going to need to ensure that you are fully licensed for the position you are applying for, which means you're going to need to take an SIA training course.

While this might sound a little unnecessary, it certainly has improved the standard of service found within the security industry, so it has actually worked out quite well. Depending on the kind of job you're looking for, you'll need to choose one of two SIA licenses.

The first is for anyone who wants to work on the front line, including in store security, security van drivers, patrol men, bank security etc. The second, the non front line licence, is for everyone else working in the security industry, from managers to directors to supervisors to keyholders. If you want to work in security there's no getting around it, you need to take an SIA training course in order to get your license.

Fortunately it's now easier than ever to get a license. There are many great companies out there who have SIA training for affordable fees, and we have listed some of the most popular below;

  • get-licensed.co.uk
  • securityhr.co.uk
  • wilplantraining.co.uk
  • train2protect.co.uk


United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021