Jobseekers allowance for EU citizens living in the UK

Benefits for non-UK nationals living and working in this country are a lot more complicated than those for people who have lived here all their lives. The good news is that it’s possible to get jobseekers allowance for EU citizens living in the UK. The bad news is that it’s not open to all.
    wikimedia commons
Living and working in the UK If you come to live in the United Kingdom you may be eligible for financial help during hard times. To get this government backed help you have to be able to prove residency and provide confirmation that you are registered as a worker.

Benefits you could be eligible for

The following forms of support are there to help families and individuals who hit hard times. Pension credit, income support, jobseekers allowance, housing benefits, disability living allowance, attendance allowance, carers allowance and tax credits are the benefits you may be able to receive. Their purpose is to help British citizens live make ends meet so your eligibility for them will be challenged by the benefits office.


You immigration status and whether you’re actively looking for work or not are the major influencing factors determining whether you qualify for these forms of financial aid. You need to be from one of the following nations in order to be considered for these forms of help: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Romania, Spain, Slovenia, Sweden and the United Kingdom. Although Switzerland is not an EEA nation, their citizens also have the same rights as members of the aforementioned countries.

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021