Emigrating to the USA from Ireland

Generations of Irish people have headed to the United States in search of a better life and more job prospects, however, in the 21st century, it's difficult to follow in their footsteps thanks to some stringent visa regulations.

The United States is a difficult country to move to for Irish citizens. At the moment, unless you want to take part in the complete lottery of the Green Card lottery, then you only really have two different options to live and work in the USA.

The first of these only really applies if you are a student in an Irish college. If you are, then you qualify to take part in the summer J1 programme. This programme allows young Irish students to spend their summer months living and working in the USA. Details of the programme are available from USIT at - http://www.j1online.ie/, and the good news is that the programme fee is a mere 99 Euro.

Your other option, if you are a recent graduate, is to take part in the flexible 12 month USA Work Programme. This programme is open to current college attenders and recent graduates. It's a completely open work permit, which allows you to work in any job, in any of the 50 states. You can get more information from USIT, and apply at - https://usit.wufoo.com/forms/12-month-usa-work-programme-application-form/.

Either one of these options will give you an excellent flavour of the standard of life available in the United States. Check them out today and see if they suit you.

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021