Extend your visa with farming jobs in Australia

A lot of people enjoy their working holiday so much in Australia that they will want to stay on beyond the 12 months they are afforded, but how do you do this? Well, you have a number of options, and in this blog we'll be outlining what you can do to stay on.

The number one way that people extend their working visa in Australia is by undertaking three months of farming jobs in regional Australia. This provides a valuable service to Australia as there is a labour shortage in these areas, but it also provides a brilliant life experience to people who would never usually get to work in agriculture.

The general requirements for extending your stay are as follows: Complete three months of farming work in rural Australia while on your first Working Holiday, not have previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday visa, be aged between 18 and 30 at the time of application, and that you won't be accompanied by any children during your stay.

More information on the different types of work that are eligible are available from the following website - http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/specified-work.htm.

It's worth noting before you look seriously into this that only certain parts of Australia are eligible to allow you to work here and build up your three months. The full list of the approved areas of rural Australia can be found at the following link - http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/postcodes.htm.

Best of luck with your Australia visa application!

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021