Emigrating for nursing jobs in Canada for international nurses

If you work as a nurse, or have just qualified, then you've probably heard of the massive demand for nurses right now in Canada. The Canadian economy can't produce the amount of nurses they need to satisfy demand, so that's where you come in.

The Canadian government launched a scheme last year called the "Skilled Worker Programme" which seeks to import workers from 29 different categories of job into the country to help fill the massive labour shortgage in the country.

As more and more people emigrate to Canada, the number of nurses needed continues to rise, hence why it is one of the occuptations highly coveted by the Canadian government. All you have to do to qualify is to possess a qualification in the profession you are seeking to work in, and have at least one year of work experience in that field in the last ten years.

The Canadian immigration website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp, has all the info you'll need on applying as a skilled worker, and info on the other immigration programmes being offered by the Canadian government. If you want to just get a sample of life in the country, then why not check out the one year Working Holiday Programme first?

The Working Holiday Programme is open to any UK citizen between the ages of 18-30, but places are strictly limited each year so you need to get your application in early. The good news is, the 2011 programme is still open!

nursing jobs in canada for international nurses

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021