What's the emigrating to Canada age limit?

Are you a UK citizen thinking of emigrating to Canada? There's a fantastic programme just after opening for 2011 called the International Experience Canada Working Holiday programme, and the good news is that the age limit for this programme is 30 years old.

This is the first year of the programme, and the Canadian government has pledged 5,000 places for the fledging programme. This will allow any UK citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 the opportunity to experience the unique work and travel opportunities available in Canada.

So, how do you go about applying for the scheme? Well, first of all you need to visit the IEC website at http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=engmenu_id=7, and download one of their application packs to your email address.

Once you've done this, you can start the application process. However, there are a number of things you need to look out for while applying. You'll need to get a police certificate from any country you've lived in for more than six months in the past few years. You'll also need to prove to the Canadian Government that you'll have the funds to support yourself during your trip.

You can do this by getting your bank to sign a letter stating you have the equivalent of 3,000 Canadian Dollars in your account. If you don't have this money, you can get a 3rd party to vouch for you and provide the funding.

Places are extremely limited on this programme, so hurry up and get your application in as soon as possible!

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021