Thinking of applying for a Canada visa?

Are you one of the thousands of UK residents considering a big move to Canada in the near future? This country went largely untouched by the recent economic downturn and it offers a huge amount of opportunities to people to live and work in one of the fantastic and safe cities. In this blog, we check out what your options are for a Canada Visa, and how you can go about getting it.

As long as you are a British citizen under the magic age of 35, then you will find there are visa options open to you for Canada, no matter what your level of qualifications or experience. There are two main visas on offer. You can apply for a 12 month "working holiday" visa, which is tremendously popular among backpackers, or else you can go for the Skilled Worker programme, which allows you to fill one of Canada's main employment needs with your skills. No matter which visa sounds more appealing to you, make sure to visit cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp. to check out all of your options.

The Working Holiday visa is a 12-month open employment visa which allows you to work in any category of job in Canada, but bear in mind, you will have to undergo a medical to work in healthcare or with children. It is the easiest visa to get, as you just have to meet the age requirements and not have a criminal record. Details of when the visa is open are available in the link above.

Your other option is the Skilled Worker visa, which allows you to apply to work in Canada under one of 29 different speciality employment sectors. To see if your job qualifies, then simply check the list at cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#list. This link also delivers instructions on how to best apply for this visa, so it is extremely handy!

United Kingdom - Excite Network Copyright ©1995 - 2021